Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Junie B., First Grader: Boss of Lunch

Junie B., First Grader: Boss of Lunch
written by Barbara Park

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0375802940.01._SY190_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

This, among the other Junie B. Jones books, is a fantastic example of children's literature. The journal entries as well as the first-person narration make for a very relatable book for this age level. I know when I was a child, I completely related to Junie B. Jones, despite her love of over-exaggeration. It's childish in a charming way, and I can't wait to keep these books in my classroom when I'm teaching. The series is funny for all ages, and I was pleasantly surprised to find myself laughing through this reading of Boss of Lunch. I thought the humor would all be for the kids, but even as an adult, it's hilarious how insane Junie B's mind is. It's just a funny book, possibly even funnier to an adult than to a child!

Rating: 5/5

I got this book from...:Swaptree

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?