Sunday, January 24, 2010

May I Bring a Friend?

May I Bring a Friend?
written by Beatrice Schenk de Regniers
illustrated by Beni Montresor

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0689713533.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

May I Bring a Friend? is another fun sequential story for children to enjoy. This one is all about any child's favorite thing--animals! It combines aspects of a fairytale fantasy world with a regular child's world, sure to delight young children Kids will definitely relate to the young child and his menagerie of friends. They'll find it funny and learn their days of the week at the same time. I'm not really a fan of the illustrations at all. I know the book won a Caldecott, but the images are extremely dull and blurred, hard to make out what is even being depicted. Not all that great.

I got this book from...:Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?