Friday, February 3, 2012

When You Reach Me

When You Reach Me
written by Rebecca Stead



I'm often wary of books that have won awards.  They are so filled with tropes and, in my opinion, undeserving of the prestigious awards and attention they receive.  This book honestly wasn't terribly different, other than one major plot twist near the end.  Same old flowery descriptions, story that drags on,  "ordinary" young female narrator with missing daddy issues narrating her way through her "ordinary" life.  The twist at the end literally had me jumping out of my chair, screaming "WHAT??" in public repeatedly, but besides that, an ordinary, boring read.  I recommend you read A Wrinkle in Time instead.

I got this book from...:Chatham University's JKM Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?