Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bartholomew and the Oobleck

Bartholomew and the Oobleck
written and illustrated by Dr. Seuss

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0394800753.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Another childhood favorite--please tell me I'm not the only one who loved making "oobleck" out of cornstarch and water (and still do!). It's another classic Seuss story for kids to love and enjoy. This one actually doesn't contain much out of the ordinary, in comparison to other Seuss books, that is. It's humorous and the writing is pretty advanced, but still makes sense, a great highway to learning new vocabulary. The pictures are pretty neat, all black and white, except for the highlighted green oobleck, nonsensically whimsical as ever. Great for Seuss fans--I do recommend starting off with The Cat in the Hat, for obvious reasons, but I see no reason not to build upon that :)

I got this book from...:Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?