Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Over My Dead Body: 43 Old Cemetery Road, Book 2

Over My Dead Body: 43 Old Cemetery Road
written by Kate Klise
illustrated by Sarah Klise

-http://images.amazon.com/images/P/015205734X.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

In my review of the first book in the 43 Old Cemetery Road series, I didn't have many kind words for the book, and I expressed serious doubt about the integrity of this new series launched by the Klise sisters. So it was quite a strange surprise to find a sequel that I liked immensely more than its predecessor! That never seems to happen; one usually likes the first book in a series more or the same as any sequels. This book flowed much better than the first, back to the original plot-twisty heartwarming spirit that I'd come to expect from Kate Klise. Some time is given to a recap of the first book's events, which I liked very much, as it was interactive, short, and quickly led in to the fast paced story ahead. It's another tangled tale by Kate Klise, where random objects and people are introduced throughout the story, only to come together at the end for a spectacular, cheer-inducing ending. I'm re-energized and looking forward to reading more by Kate Klise.

Rating: 5/5

I got this book from...:Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts?